GK Power presents its Optical Current Transformer as an alternative to the existing conventional current
transformers, providing an advanced measurement solution for both metering and protection applications, based on a cutting-edge patented optical sensing technology. Some of the main features of our optical current transformer are:
- Broad bandwidth, capable of measuring both AC and DC currents up to the 100th harmonic and above.
- IEC 60044-8 Class 0.2 metering accuracy.
- Unlimited dynamic range.
- IEC 61850-9-2 LE compliant output with no merging unit required.
- Smaller size and lighter weight.
- Maintenance-free and longer life-span.
- Provides explosive failure mode prevention and open secondary protection.
- Solid insulation. No SF6 gas or oil is required. Environmentally-friendly.